Watch our video on how to use timbers in custom home design. The owners of this custom home in Indian Hill wanted warm wood to highlight their natural setting. Hensley Custom Building Group brought in wood timbers to add interest and character. If you’d like to create this look, you’ll find plenty of inspiration here.
How to Use Timbers in Custom Home Design
Using timbers inside a custom home design are a top trend right now. This home in Indian Hill uses timbers consistently throughout and in stunning ways. As top among Cincinnati home builders we were one of the first to bring this trend to market. We recommend these ideas:
- Use timber trusses to highlight the homes gables on the exterior.
- Try dark wooden beams to contrast with white ceilings in prominent family areas of your home such as a kitchen or family room.
- Consider arched trusses for even more impact in your custom home design. Dark wood window frames continue the look and bring the room together.
- Add tall windows throughout your custom home design so interior trusses and beams can be viewed from numerous angles.
- Create the perfect outdoor living space with timber trusses in a covered porch or knee braces between posts for an understated look.
Let us know if we can help build the custom home of your dreams. Contact us or schedule a 15 minute no obligation phone call with the team.